Stadiums in PuneApart from being the educational and Cultural Capital of Maharashtra, Pune has a strong connection with sports. The city, time and again, has proved its love for sports and this is one of the many reasons why Pune has some of the best structured stadiums in the country. There are many popular and hi-tech stadiums in Pune. One can also find a couple of equally popular mini-stadiums in Pune.
Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Krida Sankul in PuneThis stadium is also known as Shri Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex. It was established in 1994 to host The National Games. Commonwealth Youth Games, 2008 was held in this sports complex.
Facilities at Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Krida Sankul in Pune
- Athletics Stadium – The stadium offers 8 lane track.
- Badminton Hall – It has 6 competition courts and 4 warm-up courts.
- Aquatics Centre – It has two 50*25 swimming pools and has a changing room for players.
- Basketball court – It comes with one basketball court.
- Boxing arena – There are three rings and one warm-up ring and a changing room for players.
- Shooting Range – There are 15 shooting ranges for 10m, 25m, 50m and three combined track and skee shooting ranges.
- Table Tennis Hall – It has 4 competition tables and 4 warm-up tables.
- Tennis court – It comes with one central court, six warm-up courts and four competition courts.
- Weightlifting Hall – This air-conditioned hall has one podium for competition and 10 warm-up platforms. It also comes with a changing room for players.
- Wrestling Hall – The hall with a seating capacity of over 4,000 people comes with 6 warm-up rings and 4 wrestling rings.
- Velodrome – This cycling track has a length of 333.33m or 1,093.6 feet.
There are other buildings in the complex like:
Fitness Center – This center is mostly used for Yoga and meditation purposes. It also has a provision for sauna and chill water bath for the players.
Sport Science Center – There are different departments under this centre like :
- Department of Sports Rehabilitation
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of bio-mechanics
- Human Performance and Evolution Laboratory
- Central Dope Collection Center
- Department of Nutrition and Ergogenic Aids
Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Krida Sankul
Pune Mumbai Bypass
Pune - 411045
Phone no.: 020 27390234
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune
Formerly known as Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, this stadium was inaugurated on April 1, 2012 and serves as the headquarters for Maharashtra Cricket Association in Pune. It is also the home ground for Maharashtra Cricket Team and Pune Warriors of Indian Premier League.
Facilities at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune
- It has a seating capacity for 36,000 people in four stands.
- Member’s pavilion
- Hospitality boxes
- Boxes for broadcasting and press
- Spectators can also view the match from the terrace that is surrounding the pitch
- Adjacent practising grounds
- Spa facilities
- Residential indoor cricket academy with residential accommodation
- Swimming Pool
- Squash and badminton court
- Parking for four thousand cars and 10,000 two wheelers
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Pune
Formerly known as Club of Maharashtra Ground, this stadium was established in 1969 and has a seating capacity of 25,000 people. Cricket matches on national and international level are mostly played in this stadium.
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Pune Satara Road
Phone no.: 020 24440641
PCMC Hockey Stadium in Pune
This stadium was formerly known as Major Dhyanchand Hockey Stadium and was inaugurated in 1993. It is the home ground for Pune Strykers, hockey franchisee of Pune, for World Series Hockey.
PCMC Hockey Stadium
CAFVD Sports Stadium Pune
Field Hockey and Association Football matches are played on this ground.
Direction from Pune Railway Station: Keeping Pune Railway Station on the left, head along to Sangram Bridge Junction and then continue to Mumbai-Pune Road. Cross Matrix Tower and Mula Road Junction and you will find CAFVD Sports Stadium on the right-hand side.
CAFVD Sports Stadium
Infront of Khadki Station
Mumbai-Pune Road, NH4
There are other mini-stadiums in Pune where football, hockey and cricket matches are played. Get details about the mini-stadiums in Pune.
Football GroundAundh Rd
Hindustan Antibiotics GroundPune-Mumbai Road
PMC - 411018
Khadki Football GroundChikkalvadi
PYC Hindu GymkhanaCTS No. 766, F.P. No. 244
Pune - 411004
Phone no.: 020-2566 3006/7, 020-2567 7843